Sunday, February 12, 2006

Uncle Royce visits the Fleitz Family

Royce came down from his new home in Hagerstown Maryland. He visited for the weekend and had a lot of fun playing with the kids. He took us all out for dinner at Outback Steakhouse as an unexpected treat.
We enjoyed playing in the snow. We got about 5 or 6 inches, and it was perfect for making a big snowman.
Jade got out in her new snow gear and enjoyed the snow.
Royce, Rhett, Preston, Jeff, and Jonas enjoyed the Monster Truck Jam. Jeff is a firefighter in St. Petersburg, Florida, who hopes to get a job with Roanoke City. None of us had been to a Monster Jam before, and none of us will probably be going very frequently. Don't get me wrong, it was a lot of fun, and the kids loved it. The exhaust was not good though. I thought it was interesting how as a firefighter I put a lot of work into making sure that my fellow firefighters got diesel exhaust systems put in the stations for the exhaust, yet I paid to sit in the stands at this event and inhale all the exhaust. But I digress, the whole reason we went was for Preston to have fun, and we accomplished that.
The best thing about taking Preston to events like this, is that I have an excuse to go to events like this.

No comments: