Monday, March 07, 2005

The Fleitz blog beginnings

Hello from the Fleitz family. I decided I might try this blog idea to send pictures and keep everyone informed of the family happenings. I am still trying to figure out the picture posting, so hopefully I will have that up and running soon. I will be posting info on our hobbies which includes our genealogy. That includes both sides of the family, The Fleitz/Bloom/Branco and the King/Waldron. I have learned a lot and have almost 4000 names incorporated in our family tree. So we will see where this blog goes and what we and you are able to get out of it. Please feel free to contact us as well as post comments if you have any questions.

I learned about blogging and got interested in it from Mark Noble who was an Olympia Washington Firefighter who died of brain cancer. You can see his blog at http://nobleview.com/tumororlater/. He made an online journal of his fight with brain cancer and his enjoyment of his life as he continued to live after his diagnosis. He was a true hero that other Firefighters looked up to. He has done a lot to provide the facts to firefighters everywhere on the increased chances of developing cancers. You can see his video at http://www.ergometrics.org/firefighter_test.htm .

No comments: